Explore the world of 3D Games. Create the coolest mods in Minecraft, designing a whole new game that you can call your very own. Next, apply your new coding superpowers in a Minecraft Competition!
Kids are empowered to create their own amazing mods, from texture packs, schematics and more. They get imaginative and creative with their programming skills to create Minecraft mods that they can have a blast playin’ with their friends!
- Class taught in English & conducted online via Zoom
- Learn programming concepts
- Create a Minecraft mod
- Code your own game in a 3D world
- Participate in a Minecraft Competition
Go back to basics and learn about the foundations of code while exploring the creative possibilities of Minecraft. Apply concepts in programming to build topsy turvy roller coasters and stairways to heaven. Then we’ll dive deeper into coding fundamentals – go on an adventure to explore sea turtle nests, and embark on a mission to save a polar bear cub and a panda habitat!
Pick up coding fundamentals directly in Minecraft.
Kids will learn about the concepts of loops, agent conditional blocks (movement, set and place, destroy and collect and detect) as well as logic and basic coding blocks.
Learn through Play!
Get engaged in the best of 3D gaming with Minecraft… all while coding, having a blast, and learning about endangered animals and some of the most pressing issues in the natural world today.
Go on an environmental-themed adventure: rescue polar bear cubs, track down baby sea turtles and restore endangered pandas’ habitats.
Minecraft Animal Sanctuary Competition
It’s time to put your newfound skills to the test!
This creative coding Minecraft competition will last a week, and during this duration, kids are challenged to code up an animal sanctuary – a safe place where all the cuddly creatures of Minecraft can call home.
Your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.